If you would like to donate/support us….
As a small charity we rely heavily on the generous giving and support of individuals for the operation of the Greenwich Winter Night Shelter. There are many ways you can support our work:
- One off financial donations click here*
Regular monthly giving*
– If you pledge to give £10 a month you are providing two bed nights for one person
– If you pledge to give £20 a month you are providing one hot evening meal for 10 guests
- Organising events:
– Why not organise an event – cake sales, auction of promises, raffle, come dine with me, fete… click here for our A-Z of ideas for fundraisers (PDF download)
– Or undertake a sponsored event – London Marathon, sleepout, a run, a personal challenge, non-uniform day, hike in the Himalayas
- Make GWNS the charity to benefit for a significant event, eg birthday, wedding, funeral.
* Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate. Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
Items to Donate
If you have donations of bedding or clothing you would like to give to help homeless people, we suggest you give them to our partner organisations The 999 Club or Emmaus Greenwich who are able to accept and use them in a way that GWNS cannot because of our lack of storage. They will be greatly appreciated!
Volunteer for us
GWNS relies enormously on the work of volunteers. There are typically a number of ways you can get involved and volunteer; for more information please read the Volunteer Handbook. However, in light of restrictions associated with Covid-19, we are not currently recruiting volunteers.